3,608 new suits and rising
$1 trillion lost wealth
Trolling suits account for 67% of patent suits
1. Startups are responsible for all net job growth over the last thirty years and the rise of the patent troll model is threatening that continued growth.
2. Engine research tells us that for every new high-tech job, 4.3 other jobs are created in a local economy
3. The majority of companies targeted by patent trolls have less than $10 million in revenue. When small businesses face dubious multimillion dollar lawsuits, our innovation economy suffers.
4. Non-practicing entities - or patent trolls - filed 3,608 new suits in 2013, up almost 20% from 2012. And those types of lawsuits are expensive, costing defendants $1 trillion in lost wealth from 1990-2010 alone.
5. Lawsuits by patent trolls accounted for over two-thirds of all new patent suits filed last year, and two-thirds of all new patent defendants. This is a perversion of the justice system.
6. We are facing an epidemic and American businesses are paying the price. We need leadership, and action, now.
Press Call, read the talking points on the next screen, and we'll connect you shortly.
Enter your ZIP Code and we'll find your Senator so you can tweet to them directly.
Tell your twitter followers that you just called your Senator to #fixpatents